Re: Burlington Bay

  • fredbriggs@home.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2001
      --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Tod Creasey/OTT/OTI" <tod_creasey@o...> wrote:
      > Members of the list
      >
      > I am putting together an order of battle for the Burlington Races in
      1813
      > for a display at the War Museum and I wonder if anyone has any
      information
      > on the American and British ships involved. I am most interested in
      how
      > many guns they had and if they were mostly armed with carronades or
      long
      > guns.
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > Tod Creasey
      > Battalion Plauché

      I know this is quite late to continue a thread, but I found this
      posting with a search for "Burlington".
      I'm making a video history of Burlington Beach, now called
      Hamilton Beach, and the Burlington Races are part of that history.
      Robert Malcomson has taped a narration for the video at the Hamilton
      Military Museum, Peter Rindlisbacher has agreed to allow me to use his
      paintings, and I have shot footage at the July 1, 2000, Attack on Fort
      York at Toronto Beaches and the recent Battle of Georgian Bay, but I'm
      always looking for more information.
      How is your research going, and how is the display for the War
      Museum going, Tod?
      This is the 3rd time I've tried to post this message, and I
      notice that even though I've authorized my email address to be
      released (in the members'profiles), each time it gets truncated. So
      I'm going to try here to trick the system. The first part of my email
      address is my name, as one word with no dot or underscore, ie
      fredbriggs . Then, of course, there is an @ sign. That's followed by
      home.com . Now let's see the automatic system detect that email
      address! ;>)
      Fred Briggs