Canadians returning to Canada

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2001
      For those Canadians who will be returning from
      the USA with flintlock muskets and blackpowder
      after attending an event in the United States, the
      following information is for you.

      1. Make sure you have a passport or birth certificate
      as well as photo ID with you, and for all who are
      in your vehicle.

      2. Make sure you have a Canada Custom's Y38 green
      registration card for your musket, and for all muskets
      in your vehicle.

      3. An invitation or poster of the event you have
      attended will also be helpful.

      4. Make sure you declare the fact you have a musket (s)
      on board your vehicle when arriving at the Canada
      Customs kiosk. Have all documents in your hand
      and be willing to answer all questions openly and freely.

      This information was given me by Customs Officer
      Edwards, badge # 12023 attending the Lewiston Bridge.
      As a result of my call to Canada Customs.

      For more information visit:
      http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/menu-e.html
      or call:
      1-800-461-9999 Canada Customs

      Note: Information is forthcoming from the
      USA Customs Service as per entry
      requirements to the United States with
      flintlocks and blackpowder, these instructions
      will be forwarded to you as soon as they are
      received.

      Larry