Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1108

  • marilynmarylinus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2001
      In a message dated 9/7/2001 4:59:17 AM Central Daylight Time,

      << Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:47:19 -0700
      From: Robert E Thomas <greenjacket@...>
      Subject: Introduction

      Greetings,
      I've just joined the list and as the first post I received was from
      Jim asking for an introduction, I thought I'd send it out.
      Since my diagnosis, I've been studying various illnesses in military
      history and while MS was first identified in the 1860's, I've seen some
      evidence of it during the Napoleonic Wars. My personal feeling is that it
      must have been there at the time and even earlier.
      Take care,
      Bob Thomas

      Dear Bob:
      Welcome. I think you are going to be a great asset to this list. I like to
      read posts on the history of medicine and I look forward to learning from you
      about illnesses in military history and their treatment. Marilyn P.