Re: [WarOf1812] for my American friends

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2001
      Thank you Larry.
      Lee.
      ~~~~~~~~
      On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:20:19 -0400 "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
      writes:
      > To all my American friends, I parrot the
      > statements of the Canadian and Ontario
      > governments, and add my sympathy and
      > shock for our neighbours to the south
      > who today were the target of a dastardly
      > attack. Our thoughts and prayers go to
      > all who lost loved ones on this new day
      > of infamy.
      >
      > Larry Lozon

    • Raymond Hobbs
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
        Amen!
        Ray Hobbs

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
          In a message dated 9/11/2001 1:27:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
          lalozon@... writes:

          << To all my American friends, I parrot the
          statements of the Canadian and Ontario
          governments, and add my sympathy and
          shock for our neighbours to the south
          who today were the target of a dastardly
          attack. Our thoughts and prayers go to
          all who lost loved ones on this new day
          of infamy. >>

          Thanks for the thoughts Larry,
          I have family (including my Goddaughter) in Washington, and a friend flying
          back from Paris today.

          I am sure all is well but it is harrowing not knowing.

        • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
            My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the States and those
            who have loved ones using the airlines.I can't find the words to
            describe the shock I feel today.
            My friend did point out the irony of todays date 9-11 (01)

            Tracy Forsyth

            > Larry Lozon wrote:
            >
            > > To all my American friends, I parrot the
            > > statements of the Canadian and Ontario
            > > governments, and add my sympathy and
            > > shock for our neighbours to the south
            > > who today were the target of a dastardly
            > > attack. Our thoughts and prayers go to
            > > all who lost loved ones on this new day
            > > of infamy.
            > >
            > > Larry Lozon

            > > The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of
            fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Antoine Landrieaux
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
              ----- Original Message ----- > Larry Lozon wrote:
              > > attack. Our thoughts and prayers go to
              > > all who lost loved ones on this new day
              > > of infamy.

              Dear Friends,

              Words, and of course, something as impersonal as email, cannot express the
              regrets, fears, and other emotions, that are flowing today.

              This weekend, the Corps of Canadian Voyageurs will be attending the fall
              muster and gathering at Pine City NWC Fur Post.
              We will not cancel the trip. We are making a few changes, to ease the
              crossing at Pigeon River.

              The need to co-operate with, and encourage the customs officials, is very
              important. We must be prepared for extra ordinary precautions and measures
              at the boarder crossings. This will include time delays, while inspections
              are carried out.. All of the equipment we are carrying will be laid out, so
              as to ease inspection by the US Customs.

              None of us will be taking any muskets or powder, alcohol, or questionable
              goods. Every member of our group will be prepared to under go a full
              inspection at the US Customs.

              Every one will be in possession of some proof of Canadian citizenship, and
              or legal residence.

              When we go to Mississinewa, we plan to have only prepared charges. Full
              powder tins will be left at home.

              All of us, here in Northwestern Ontario, send our thoughts, prayers and
              hopes to all of our fellows in the United States.

              Your most humble and obediant servant,

              Jim Keigher
              Events Co-Ordinator
              Canadian Corps of Voyageurs
              Thunder Bay, Ontario

              landrieaux@...
              http://ccv.northwestcompany.com
            • Roger Marsh
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
                And from me.

                Roger Marsh
              • hoff4446@msn.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
                  Larry, on behalf of the 25th US, Ketchum's Company (Chicago and Green
                  Bay Wis.) Thank you for your kind words and thoughts at this time.

                  Tom Hoff

                  > To all my American friends, I parrot the
                  > statements of the Canadian and Ontario
                  > governments, and add my sympathy and
                  > shock for our neighbours to the south
                  > who today were the target of a dastardly
                  > attack. Our thoughts and prayers go to
                  > all who lost loved ones on this new day
                  > of infamy.
                  >
                  > Larry Lozon

                • Andrew S. Finch
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 12, 2001
                    To all our friends and acquaintances who are affected even in a small way
                    our sincere hopes for peace in this time of pain.
                    Remember you are not alone and most of the world is revolted by such acts of
                    terrorism that result in injury to innocent parties.
                    To those of us who seek an end to such events a friend of mine from the
                    states.
                    Put it best by quoting a old friend of freedom
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
                    nothing."
                    Edmunde Burke