Re:militaryheritage.com updated

  • dis.general@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2001
      Hi Larry,

      Thanks for noting we have been updating our site. Things as always
      are crazy and Peter and I don't know which way is up... lots of
      museum stuff happening. But have had time at night to put up some
      new articles that may be of interest in a new section called "The
      Discriminating General's Arms Collection" discussing things like case
      shot, fixing a flint, and the browning of barrels (
      http://www.militaryheritage.com/arms.htm ). Unfortunately most of
      the update has been streamlining coding and structure (around 40
      hours of work that doesn't even show). Looking to add more to the
      1812 website (now can be accessed via http://www.warof1812.ca ) but
      time is always an issue.

      On another note, tried ten times to phone you but the same busy
      signal... you are almost as hard to get a hold of as me! Give me a
      call.

      As for 1812 developments I was speaking with Don Graves and he said
      his wife researching a work on 'Women in the War of 1812'. Probably
      see it in the next year or so. Rene Chartrand has been slowing
      slugging away at 'British and Canadian Uniforms of the War of 1812'
      but keeps being drawn away to do Osprey publications. Likely a year
      to two away still. Geee write a book on the War of 1812 or research
      a book in Spain or Portugal.... Hmmm. Pour me another glass of
      port!

      Finally Peter Twist's e-mail has been down for a month and he is now
      getting another computer. So.... if you sent an e-mail to him don't
      expect a response anytime soon. Have to run.

      Robert