Roller Buckles

  • Leonard E Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      Hi All,
      Roller buckles first seem to appear in mass production in Sheffield in the early 1840s. They are shown in a number of tool catalogues in the leather working sections.
      I haven't seen a single example predating this time (and I've looked) either at digs or on items that are precisely dated to our period.
      Could they have been in place but have been worn off or fallen apart? Possibly, but unlikely.
      Cheers
      Len

      Get 250 color business cards for FREE!