Re: [WarOf1812] Flints

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2001
      Anyone within, say, a three hour drive or so, of Kalamazoo will have no
      problem in picking up any number of good flints of all sizes from several
      of the many dealers at the annual show. Three large rooms filled with
      dealers, suttlers, gun builders, etc. The Fall K'zoo show is to be held
      Oct. 20-21,2001 and the traditional Spring show is held every March.
      Both at the Kalamazoo County fairgrounds on Lake Rd., off of I-94, north
      and west about 1 1/2 miles from exit 80. Those of us in the S.E. Michigan
      area consider these as 'must-dos'.
      Contact David Nixon, (231) 834-4099
      Lee.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2001
        From: "Terry Lubka" <tlubka@...>

        > Does anyone know of a good source for musket flints?

        ~ the black ones from Smoke and Fire are great!

        http://www.smoke-fire.com/
      • Dave Hill
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2001
          Terry,

          Andrew Finch has (or had) a source for really good Welsh
          flints. I believe these were the grey coloured ones we
          used a few years ago.

          Dave
        • director
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2001
            > Does anyone know of a good source for musket flints?
            >

            > Terry

            Track of the Wolf, Inc., see their website catalog at
            www.trackofthewolf.com

            Don Craig
            Kent-Delord House Museum
          • james barnwell