improved web sites

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2001
      Please be advised that a few Sutlers have
      new and improved web sites:

      Smoke & Fire Trading Company

      Online Catalogue

      https://www.smoke-fire.com/store/default.asp

      Home Page Web Site

      https://www.smoke-fire.com

      as well as Wooded Hamlet Designs

      Home Page Web Site

      www.woodedhamlet.com

      Also be advised as to the Subscribers of this list who
      offer their wares ......

      Allegheny Arsenal

      " Purveyors of Fine Military Uniforms
      and clothing of Distinction for Discerning Gentlemen "
      American Uniforms 1810 - 1850
      Correctly Hand Tailored in 19th C Manner
      Steve Abolt
      phone: (804) 385 - 7338
      fax: (804) 385 - 1490
      email: sacbg7@...

      The Discriminating General

      provides research and reproduction services
      of historical military items

      Home Page Web Site

      http://www.militaryheritage.com/home.htm

      The Discriminating General
      1121 Jean Park Road
      Manotick, ON
      K4M 1E4
      CANADA

      PHONE: (613)692-3577
      FAX (519)942-3422

      Five Rivers Chapmanry

      ~ purveyors of quality hand-crafted cooperage
      fine hand-sewn embroidered garments,
      historical sewing patterns & embroidery supplies

      (519) 799-5577,
      fax (519) 799-5418
      http://www.5rivers.org
      email: info@...

      If you offer 1812 products for sale and are a
      subscriber of this 1812 List, please advise us
      of your wares.
    • dis.general@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2001
        Hi Larry,

        Thanks for noting we have been updating our site. Things as always
        are crazy and Peter and I don't know which way is up... lots of
        museum stuff happening. But have had time at night to put up some
        new articles that may be of interest in a new section called "The
        Discriminating General's Arms Collection" discussing things like case
        shot, fixing a flint, and the browning of barrels (
        http://www.militaryheritage.com/arms.htm ). Unfortunately most of
        the update has been streamlining coding and structure (around 40
        hours of work that doesn't even show). Looking to add more to the
        1812 website (now can be accessed via http://www.warof1812.ca ) but
        time is always an issue.

        On another note, tried ten times to phone you but the same busy
        signal... you are almost as hard to get a hold of as me! Give me a
        call.

        As for 1812 developments I was speaking with Don Graves and he said
        his wife researching a work on 'Women in the War of 1812'. Probably
        see it in the next year or so. Rene Chartrand has been slowing
        slugging away at 'British and Canadian Uniforms of the War of 1812'
        but keeps being drawn away to do Osprey publications. Likely a year
        to two away still. Geee write a book on the War of 1812 or research
        a book in Spain or Portugal.... Hmmm. Pour me another glass of
        port!

        Finally Peter Twist's e-mail has been down for a month and he is now
        getting another computer. So.... if you sent an e-mail to him don't
        expect a response anytime soon. Have to run.

        Robert