Packed and Ready!

  • Jim Keigher
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 1999
      To all,

      Well, the van is packed, we are ready to go.

      Tomorrow at 9:00am we depart for our first event of the year.

      We are going to Pine City Fur Post, near Minniapolis, MN.

      There is a weekend event there that focuses on the North West Company's
      Contribution to the War of 1812.

      Captain John Sayer, NWC Agent at Pine City, will be hosting Joseph Roulette
      from Prarrie du Chein, and Antoine Landerau from Fort William.

      Together, they intend to devise a stratagy to secure the upper Mississippi
      and upper Great Lakes regions in the name of the King. It will be
      presented to Col. William McGillivary, chief shareholder of the NWC, for
      his approval.

      This, of course, will ensure that trade with the natives continues,
      un-interrupted, and at a generous profit without competition from the
      American Fur Company. After all, what's good for the NWC is good for the
      British Empire!

      See you all on Monday, with some interesting tales to tell, I hope!

      Cheers!

      YMH&OS

      Jim Keigher
      Corps of Canadian Voyageurs