an amusing anecdote-- sort of 1812

  • Betsy Bashore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 1999
      Yeah, getting the digest version is hard and I have a very short
      whin-o-meter fuse. When you asked for "volleys or whatever, I simply
      stated-- in my reply to Tim-- that I know how one can generate them.
      Seems no one got that joke either. But I did like the asbestos suit--
      does that mean we can burn Tim? Or did you mean kevlar?

      For those who feel I really get offended by anything-- Clue. Don't
      worry, I was raised by wolves.

      I visited the shared file page today at the ONELIST and was aghast to
      see that there was nothing on it. All I had to post at the time was a
      brief and enlightening (if not a bit stern) article written by Allan
      Gutchess on 10 points for reenactors. Not a bad piece for those starting
      out as well as deeply entrenched. I think this would be a terrific means
      to share information and for all the formal and informal researchers out
      there-- I know you have original research to share.

      Later this week I'd like to post a couple of women's patterns from the
      OHS and Missouri collecitons. But first, Rob and I would like to share
      Matilda's top 10 reenacting tips (all her own).

      1. Make sure nothing chases the truck out of the driveway.
      2. We're driving, we're driving, we're driving...ZZZZZZ.
      3. Rest stops are great.
      4. We're driving, we're driving, we're driving....ZZZZ.
      5. Guns are loud.
      6. Don't take the dog in the tent when the gun goes off.
      7. Don't set any apparrel that one wants to wear under the dog when the
      gun goes off.
      8. Cows are big.
      9. Don't feed the dog greasy tacos when she's sleeping with the humans
      in the back of the truck.
      10. Yellow dog's don't leave poo presents on Andy Jackson's lawn.

      You can visit Matilda's first reenactment on the Shared Files Warof1812
      OneList. And perhaps leave additional, more relevant information there.

      Betsy