Mackinac - Battle for Michigan Territory

  • Antoine Landrieaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2001
      List, et al,

      Mackinac was a great event. We had a wonderful time.

      A big thank you to Chuck, Lloyd, Annette, Mary-Beth, George, Greg, Walt, . . . the list is too long! Every one there made it a pleasure.
      A special thanks to George Boisineau, for the great hair cut!

      The burning of the Nancy on Friday night was a good show. It set the pace for the whole weekend, with everything just getting better from there. (Plans are already in place the do this again, next year, in the harbour basin.) A big thank you to the American and the PduC Artillery, who helped out, as well as the Mackinac Militia. Of course, we must not forget our Native American Fire Brigade, and all those who loaned buckets for our "stand by in case it goes TOO GOOD!"

      Every year this event keeps getting bigger and better. The only thing missing was British infantry. If we had had a few more Red Coats, it would have been an even better show!

      Still, Jim and his gallant 10th Royal Vets did manage to hold the field, for a day, at least!

      Next year, promises to be bigger and better yet, with a trip out to the island on Saturday evening for a planned night battle.

      Once again, thank you to the Spirits of the North for letting us play in their sand box. It was a great time. We will be going back, next year.

      Y. H. & O. Svt.

      Antoine Landrieaux, NWC
      Fort William
      Upper Canada