Introduction - new member

  • Brian Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19 6:31 PM
      Hello,

      I just received a request from the list owner asking me to introduce myself,
      so here goes...

      My name is Brian Smith (I think that's sent with my messages), and I am not
      involved with any living history groups (not that I wouldn't be very
      interested in finding out about groups near Boston, hint, hint!). I live in
      New England, (MA), and I've been interested in history (1790-1815 +/-) for
      about twenty five years (okay, maybe 30). I don't consider myself an expert
      in anything, but my interests cover many areas, and I may have picked up a
      tid bit here or there that may be of interest.

      Currently I'm trying to research the drill manuals used by the US Army
      during the period in question - I already asked for information, and
      received several leads in the "US Manuals" thread.

      I'm also interested in MANY other areas of the period, at the moment the two
      that pop into my mind are US army Medical care and US army Chaplains. I
      expect I'll ask far more questions than I can answer, but I'm interested in
      passing along any information I come across, and making people aware of our
      history.

      I look forward to learning with you,
      Sincerely,
      Brian Smith