Re: [WarOf1812] Fort York

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 11, 2001
      SPIKE!!!
      NO! Naughty boy! Remember, we don't encourage the viewing of that...thing.

      Craig

      >The retreating Brits blew it up; you *have* to rent Chronicles of
      >1812.
      >
      >Spike Y Jones
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 11, 2001
        Is that the one that was on TV about oooh 20 some years ago about a soldier (cpl I think?) of the 8th (King's) Reg't? I think there was like 4 or so episodes. If so or
        not where can I find such an animal. That was what got me hooked into the War of 1812 when I was 10!

      • glifencible <glifencibles@rogers.com>
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 26, 2003
          List

          Are there any events at Fort York this year other than the Officer's
          school?

          (Fort York - Toronto, Onatrio, Canada)

          Thanks
          Bill
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 9, 2004
            From: "Michael Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>

            Since it isn't practical for me to attend training at Fort York, this looked
            like an
            inexpensive supplement.........
            ---------------

            Michael Mon Ami' ~

            If you want to, but cannot attend the April 17 Crown Officer, NCO School at
            Fort York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I will be more than happy to send you
            all the handouts and paperwork regarding same as you do wear "RED" on
            occasion!

            As for "the 1807 regs" as in your booklets.

            The Drill explained at the Crown Officer, NCO School and now being used by
            the Crown Forces is "1811"

            Mr. Peter Twist has posted to all Crown Forces Commanders,

            "I found a complete copy of the Regimental Companion for 1811. This
            included all the General Orders issued up to the end of that year. In
            reading through this material, I realized that some of the procedures we
            were following are incorrect. To that end, I spoke with Ken Purvis at Fort
            York about the possibility of having a weekend of instruction for Officers
            and NCOs in the early Spring before the first event at Longwoods (London,
            Ontario). This gives us an opportunity to improve both the authenticity
            and safety aspects of our portrayal of British and Canadian soldiers during
            the War of 1812."

            All Crown Forces Unit Commanders that are listed at

            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

            have been sent copies of same and should have forwarded them to their
            members.

            Commanders and NCO's who have been attending Crown Officer, NCO School have
            been asked to return to their units and teach, train and drill their units
            using the Regimental Companion for 1811.

            Yh&os

            Larry Lozon ~ AdC to Mr. Twist
          • PEGGY Mathews
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 9, 2004
              (snip)

              >Michael Mon Ami' ~
              >
              >If you want to, but cannot attend the April 17 Crown Officer, NCO School at
              >Fort York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I will be more than happy to send you
              >all the handouts and paperwork regarding same as you do wear "RED" on
              >occasion!

              Looks like exclusively from now on... except when it's green. Yes please,
              copies of materials would be most appreciated. Whether I'm doing Capt.
              Rolette of the CCV or some nameless private from the de Wattevilles or
              Glengarrys, I want to be on the same page as the others.

              >As for "the 1807 regs" as in your booklets.
              >
              >The Drill explained at the Crown Officer, NCO School and now being used by
              >the Crown Forces is "1811"

              (snip)

              Yes, I did receive those now that you mention it. The attraction to these
              was the idea that they were written with the reenactor in mind. So less
              archaic phraseology in the explanations, and more of the gist of the
              material. A cursory scan confirms that impression. And hopefully, how much
              could be different? Hence, my previous question to the list.

              This day in history: Peace of Luneville between Austria and France
              (9/2/1801)

              Michael

              Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
              beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx
            • JGIL1812@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 9, 2004
                Hey Larry,

                Sounds like a great idea for us US bound red coats. If you contact me off
                line I'll let you know where you can send them and I'll pay the shilling at Fort
                Meigs when I see you there.

                All the best.

                John Gilmour
                RE

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 9, 2004
                  From: <JGIL1812@...>
                  Hey Larry .... contact me off line ........

                  =========

                  John, I can't, your email will not respond!
                  Tried many times ......

                  Ya gots me blocked ....... may because of all the
                  jokes I sent you

                  check your tools and blocked 'e'-ddresses

                  Sorry list ............... for the personal post

                  Larry
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 10, 2008
                    Fort York is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

                    Near the North bank of Lake Ontario

                    Hope this helps

                    Yrs.,
                    L. Lozon

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 10, 2008
                      Send him this if he doesn't believe you

                      http://tinyurl.com/ypvonr <http://tinyurl.com/ypw6pa>

                      Tell him, he's thinking of this

                      http://tinyurl.com/23wzko

                      If that still doesn't work, send 'im on up; we'll re-enact Sheaff's
                      retreat with him portraying Pike. :-)

                      HTH
                      Ian

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 10, 2008
                        Ian

                        Mr. Wardle, who is not a subscriber to this Yahoo Group and
                        cannot read your post, did not tell me who sent the email asking
                        where Fort York is

                        Yrs.,
                        L2