Euro friendly Brits

  • Tod Creasey/OTT/OTI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2001
      I have been getting some questions from people who are interested in
      Napoleonic re-enacting rather than 1812 who are looking to do a British
      impression. Thus far (with the notable exception of Fort York in 1999) we
      haven't had as much interest from British units as we had hoped.

      So I have a couple of questions
      1) Who should I be directing these enquiries to - the guy who is asking now
      lives in South Eastern Ontario close to me so people who are active here
      and interested in trying something different are of particular interest.

      2) Where do you think we should shoot for? I would like to try and find
      events in a location and time of year that is amenable to British units in
      the hopes that we can get some more red (or green of course Roger) coated
      enemy. We are already doing an alternative impression as the Battalion
      Plauché at one or two 1812 events a year but we would like to beef up our
      allied forces at the Napoleonic events or participate in more generalist
      events like Penetang that you might already be planning to attend.

      I hope to meet up with some of you at Cryslers Farm and Penetang so that we
      can get to know each other better.

      Tod