Re: (no subject)

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 1999
      bjb_remote@... writes:

      << Windage does slow the loading of the musket. Imagine a fouled musket (say
      shots) and a tight fitting ball-- encased in its nice little papaer wrap--
      shoving that down the bore (pound pound pound!!!!).>>

      But Betsy, this occurs whether one is 'aiming' or not, its just a fact of
      life with black powder weapons. If I understood your original you seem to be
      implying that this is not a problem with 'aimed' muskets. To my mind it is
      going to be a problem with ALL muskets and the extra time taken to 'aim'
      (rather than present) must slow the procedure if it actually means what it
      says. I would still like to know what happens if all the troops have not
      'drawn a bead' on a target by the time the officer wants to give the order to
      fire :-).

      <<Perhaps we should talk about how stupid and arrogant Americans are again
      the benefit of the bored. Or, boredom aside, they could add something new to
      the discussion-- maybe some intersting new research. >>

      Not just yet. My asbestos suit is still at the cleaners! <g>