Re: [WarOf1812] Fw: Camp Furniture

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
      In a message dated 7/9/2001 11:09:02 AM Central Daylight Time, HQ93rd@...
      writes:

      << Is that a smug little smile on my face? Do I detect a sullen silence from
      those who just loooove to smirk about so-called "taj ma-tents"?
      Eat crow smirkers! >>

      Ah, I see your basic problem there. You seem to have been taking the average
      re-enactor seriously, obviously thinking he knows something about the period
      he is dressing up as. Basic mistake there, those who actually read the
      manuals and try to get it right are the distinct minority. :-)
    • Peg Mathews
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2001
        Tread carefully my friends. Smiley face disguises not withstanding many people could be offended by the tone. Not all of us have access to all the resources we might want, and what is to be gained anyway by putting people down? Instead I suggest that we simply add the new information to our personal data banks and enjoy the knowledge.

        Sincerely,
        Michael M.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2001
          In a message dated 7/10/2001 3:53:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
          ciefranche21e@... writes:

          << Tread carefully my friends. Smiley face disguises not withstanding many
          people could be offended by the tone. Not all of us have access to all the
          resources we might want, and what is to be gained anyway by putting people
          down? Instead I suggest that we simply add the new information to our
          personal data banks and enjoy the knowledge.

          Michael,

          My comment (which I admit I thought was a private one) puts down no one for
          an inability to shell out cash. If you read it together with the original
          post it is about those who make comments about things being wrong or over the
          top when they are, in fact, historically correct.
          If everyone did just add the information and enjoy it that would be great, it
          would be even better if we put it into practice, which in many cases is
          merely adjusting slightly the use of items we already have or putting on a
          period attitude in front of the public.

        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2001
            In a message dated 10/07/01 1:53:22 AM, ciefranche21e@... writes:

            << Not all of us have access to all the resources we might want, and what is
            to be gained anyway by putting people down? >>

            I might ask the same of those who scoffed at me for some of my so-called
            "outlandish" officer camp items.

            >Instead I suggest that we simply add the new information to our personal
            data banks and enjoy the knowledge.<<

            Which is all I wished to do when I first acquired same.
            Now, I could have said nought about all this, and then patted myself on the
            back for being so "big".

            On second thought...Naaaawwww....
            ;-)

            93rd SHRoFLHU