Period Car Hire!

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
      I apologise if this message is off topic but I could use some help! As many of you will know I am expecting to bring a small group of UK re-enactors to Mississenwa in October. We are due to fly into Chicago (O'Hare) and we plan after the weekend to drive to Gettysburg and then go up to up State New York to go to Saratoga and other battle sites in that are and then fly back to UK from New York.

      I want to hire a large vehicle such as a Ford Clubwagon or a Chevy Astra or similar. I have failed to find a company that will rent me such a vehicle on a one way basis, although happy to rent me two smaller ones to do the same job. I have good access to the .net and would prefer to book by that route.

      Any ideas guys?

      Cheers

      P**

    • Scott McDonald
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2001
        Peter-
        You might try contacting Ryder trucks or U-Haul. These companies specialize
        in renting trucks to people who are moving from one place to another and
        rent one-way all the time. I think they might have something as small as a
        van, you will just have to inquire. Be forewarned that they are generally
        made for moving furniture, not people, so they go slow and ride rough!
        Scott McD.

      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2001
          In a message dated 5/07/01 10:39:12 AM, peter@... writes:

          << I have failed to find a company that will rent me such a vehicle on a one
          way basis, although happy to rent me two smaller ones to do the same job. I
          have good access to the .net and would prefer to book by that route. >>

          Worth a try --
          cheaptickets.com
          lowestfares.com
          travelocity.com

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com
        • Peter Catley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
            Benton,

            Thanks for the ideas I'll have a look at them.

            Cheers

            P**