Dublin Castle lock

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25 4:20 PM
      Can anyone tell me what the earliest date possible to appear on a Dublin
      Castle lockplate would be (on a 'Brown Bess' musket)?
      Lee.

    • Raymond Hobbs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2001
        According to A.D. Darling's 'Red Coat and Brown Bess', p. 35, 37, the Irish version of the Short Land New Pattern musket was first manufactured in 1769.
        Ray Hobbs