Re: [WarOf1812] RE-Pistols (flintlocks)

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2001
      Please forgive the uninformed questioner, here, but is there a way that
      Canadian citizens can change these restrictive and hopelessly complex
      firearms laws? We seem to be having some surprising effects here in
      Michigan, lately. Two days ago, it became officially legal for a law
      abiding citizen to actually apply for and expect to receive a permit to
      carry a handgun if desired. No explanations necessary. Just as a
      citizen's right. I don't expect that I'll apply, because at this time, I
      don't see the need. However, it's good to know that I can, if I so
      desire.
      Lee.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:23:35 -0500 James Aldrich
      <jaldrich@...> writes:
      > Chris Franke wrote:
      >
      > > The articles concerning pistols have now had an impact on Canadian
      > re-enactors as I am receiving messages asking me if pistols are
      > banned for re-enactments. These from Canadians. By law no they are
      > not. You require the following. Restricted weapons permit,liscence
      > or FAC, Authorization to transport Restricted or prohibited firearms
      > and firearms registration certificate. To boot a letter is normally
      > sent by your Unit commander stating you have undergone safety
      > standards and are a boni fide member of the group. Authorization is
      > valid only in the province applied for. Normally you are not allowed
      > to fire full load ie ball, and must have your uniform present, in
      > otherwords travelling to and from a presentation, re-enactment etc..
      > . .
      >
      > . . . unless of course one is traveling on Tuesday, Thursday, or
      > Saturday during a month beginning with the letter "J," in which
      > case all documents require the additional endorsement of the
      > Chairperson of the Chamber of Commerce of any municipality lying
      > within 10 kilometers of your route as filed with the Ministry of
      > Transportation at least six weeks in adavnce of your departure date.
      > If traveling during a waning moon, one must also obtain an
      > affadavit from the Harbor Master of any port in the province[s] of
      > travel attesting that one's dreaded diabolical device will not
      > affect the tides, thus incommoding port traffic. As for boots, if
      > yours are straight-lasted you will also need a dispensation from the
      > Ministry of Funny Walks.
      >
      > JSA
      > --
      > Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often.

      > hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the
      > fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • James Aldrich