a new member joining

  • rus3466@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
      Hello all!
      My name is Russell Barnes. I live in Biloxi, Mississippi. I am
      introducing myself as a new member to your group.

      I am a historian, specializing in Gulf Coast maritime history, but I
      am also a ship model builder with an interest in early American naval
      vessels of the American Revolution and the War of 1812. For years, I
      have (when work and life permit) researched and built models of the
      USS Constitution. Of late, I have centered my research efforts on her
      pre 1812 configuration, hoping to begin building a scale model of her
      in her 1797 configuration sometime later this year. That research
      still has a ways to go yet. I am always interested in learning more
      about her and other ships that were active during the War of 1812. If
      anyone on the list shares this interest, I would very much like to
      discuss it.

      As a historian, I am always interested in learning more about those
      periods of American history of which I do not know quite enough, so I
      look forward to learning more about the War of 1812 through the
      discussions of the list members.

      Russell Barnes, M.A. History, University of Southern Mississippi,
      1997. Living and sweating in Biloxi, MS.
    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
        Well Russ,

        of the events.

        Your humble servant,

        JG/RE
      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
          In a message dated 6/30/2001 1:49:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
          JGIL1812@... writes:

          one
          of the events. >>

          I echo the sentiments of John, and hope you will be able to pop over for the
          battle of New Orleans commemoration in January. You will be able to meet a
          few of us 'in the flesh' and who knows what fun you will have?

        • rus3466@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2001
            Tim, John, and all:
            Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I live just about 1 1/2 hours from
            Chalmette. Every now and again I get over that way.

            Russ

            --- In WarOf1812@y..., BritcomHMP@a... wrote:
            > I echo the sentiments of John, and hope you will be able to pop
            over for the
            > battle of New Orleans commemoration in January. You will be able to
            meet a
            > few of us 'in the flesh' and who knows what fun you will have?
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Tim
          • Scott McDonald
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
              >Hello all!
              >My name is Russell Barnes.
              [snip]
              I am always interested in learning more
              >about her and other ships that were active during the War of 1812. If
              >anyone on the list shares this interest, I would very much like to
              >discuss it.
              [snip rest]

              Welcome Russ. In case you havent seen it, there is a web-site dealing with
              ships in our period at
              http://www.cronab.demon.co.uk

              Enjoy!
              Scott McDonald
            • HQ93rd@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
                In a message dated 30/06/01 11:49:15 AM, JGIL1812@... writes:

                << Well Russ,

                of the events. >>

                Like Chalmette (New Orleans) in January!

                93rd SHRoFLHU
                THE Thin Red Line
                www.93rdhighlanders.com