Re: Ft York event

  • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 1999
      >From: "Roger Fuller" <fullerfamily@...>
      >

      >>Speaking as part of the "Evil Empire" I can report that we will be
      >>represented by the 21e R�giment d'Infanterie (15-20 muskets), R�giment
      >>Irlandais (unknown #s), Italian Gardia Grenadiers (officer+two), 7e Hussars
      >>(10-12 sabres), and a lone 1er Hussar. There may be trailers from other
      >>units forming like the 24e Ligne (East coast), 27e(?) Ligne (Texas), 9e
      >>Legere (Chicago), 4e Hussars, & 3e Cuirassiers (both East coast) but I've
      >>heard nothing official. I know there's a couple of 1813 Prussians out
      >>there too, but don't know if they are attending.
      >>
      >>Hope this helps. Haven't seen a precise schedule yet. Talk of an
      >>afternoon tactical each day and one twilight tacticals, but that's just
      >>talk AFAIK.
      >>
      >>Michael
      >>Chief Cook and Bottle Washer of the Evil Empire
      >>
      >Michael,
      >
      >where are these East Coast units located? Any of them in New England or New
      >York?

      Sorry Roger, being stuck out here in the wastelands of the midwest I just
      hear about things. I *believe* (wouldn't want to be quoted) that the 24e
      is in the Pennsylvania area, 4e Hussars in Virginia, and 3e Cuirassiers in
      New York. I used to have contact names and addresses for some of them, but
      if they are still around it's at home. We have half a dozen fuzzy-leers in
      the New England area, but only a couple are kitted out yet. Two more are
      in Ontario, and will be fully kitted by Fort York. Perhaps we can put
      together something in the way of a contact list at Fort York for all to
      share. BTW, the two Ligne units are doing grenadier companies in bearskin
      and habit-longe last I heard. But, nothing has been heard about them by me
      in a year. The 9e Legere (only six hours east of me) are having their
      first drill weekend next month, and plan to be at Waterloo.

      Michael
      Jack of All Trades, Master of None

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)