Re: Ft York event

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 1999
      >Speaking as part of the "Evil Empire" I can report that we will be
      >represented by the 21e R�giment d'Infanterie (15-20 muskets), R�giment
      >Irlandais (unknown #s), Italian Gardia Grenadiers (officer+two), 7e Hussars
      >(10-12 sabres), and a lone 1er Hussar. There may be trailers from other
      >units forming like the 24e Ligne (East coast), 27e(?) Ligne (Texas), 9e
      >Legere (Chicago), 4e Hussars, & 3e Cuirassiers (both East coast) but I've
      >heard nothing official. I know there's a couple of 1813 Prussians out
      >there too, but don't know if they are attending.
      >
      >Hope this helps. Haven't seen a precise schedule yet. Talk of an
      >afternoon tactical each day and one twilight tacticals, but that's just
      >talk AFAIK.
      >
      >Michael
      >Chief Cook and Bottle Washer of the Evil Empire

      Michael,

      where are these East Coast units located? Any of them in New England or New
      York?

      Roger
      3/95th
    • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 1999
        >From: "Roger Fuller" <fullerfamily@...>
        >

        >>Speaking as part of the "Evil Empire" I can report that we will be
        >>represented by the 21e R�giment d'Infanterie (15-20 muskets), R�giment
        >>Irlandais (unknown #s), Italian Gardia Grenadiers (officer+two), 7e Hussars
        >>(10-12 sabres), and a lone 1er Hussar. There may be trailers from other
        >>units forming like the 24e Ligne (East coast), 27e(?) Ligne (Texas), 9e
        >>Legere (Chicago), 4e Hussars, & 3e Cuirassiers (both East coast) but I've
        >>heard nothing official. I know there's a couple of 1813 Prussians out
        >>there too, but don't know if they are attending.
        >>
        >>Hope this helps. Haven't seen a precise schedule yet. Talk of an
        >>afternoon tactical each day and one twilight tacticals, but that's just
        >>talk AFAIK.
        >>
        >>Michael
        >>Chief Cook and Bottle Washer of the Evil Empire
        >>
        >Michael,
        >
        >where are these East Coast units located? Any of them in New England or New
        >York?

        Sorry Roger, being stuck out here in the wastelands of the midwest I just
        hear about things. I *believe* (wouldn't want to be quoted) that the 24e
        is in the Pennsylvania area, 4e Hussars in Virginia, and 3e Cuirassiers in
        New York. I used to have contact names and addresses for some of them, but
        if they are still around it's at home. We have half a dozen fuzzy-leers in
        the New England area, but only a couple are kitted out yet. Two more are
        in Ontario, and will be fully kitted by Fort York. Perhaps we can put
        together something in the way of a contact list at Fort York for all to
        share. BTW, the two Ligne units are doing grenadier companies in bearskin
        and habit-longe last I heard. But, nothing has been heard about them by me
        in a year. The 9e Legere (only six hours east of me) are having their
        first drill weekend next month, and plan to be at Waterloo.

        Michael
        Jack of All Trades, Master of None

        Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
        "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)