Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1033

  • Robin Potter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2001
      Hi Janet,
      Yes, various detachments of the RA served in Canada (but don't ask me which ones). According to his petition for land my gggg grandfather Alexander Sallans served with
      the 9th Battalion of the RA and in 1814 at the conclusion of the war in Europe, was shipped to Kingston, Ontario were he was discharged in 1817. There were other
      detachments of the RA in Canada prior to 1814 of course
      Robin