Safety

  • colsjtjones2000@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 11, 2001
      During one of the Stoney Creek battles, a front rank man in the unit
      immediately to my right was consistently misfiring. In frustration,
      he shoved himself back and physically shoved his rear rank file
      partner into the front. A pace and a half back, he went to work on
      his lock, with the muzzle hovering and almost touching the front rank
      man's neck. So intent was he, that I am sure he had no idea where
      his muzzle was. His work seemed to have no effect, so he soon died a
      dramatic death (perhaps overdue).

      Proper drill would have had him remain in position as he worked on
      his lock. If he had to remove himself to the rear rank, he should
      have remained in the locked up position, so that his muzzle was
      safely forward of the front rank.

      Doug