Re: E Group

  • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4 12:42 PM
      Yes Larry and others who were at Stoney Creek we were there on
      Saturday.We talked to Raymond Hobbs and Andrew Bateman and Kevin
      Windsor We saw Larry do his fantastic M.C of both battles as well as
      the taking of Gage house Play

      Richard Feltoe did a fantastic job of moving the stupid family
      sitting comfortably on the other side of the yellow tape on Saturday
      Night,It was a great day and aside of the few sprinkles during
      afternoon battle the weather co operated for Saturday.

      How was the weather on Sunday?

      I think a ribbon on the collar/buttonhole etc would be great to
      identify War of 1812 yahoo members as I/ we are sort of shy and don't
      want to "bother " people but if people had ribbons then we would be
      able to introduce ourselves and meet face to face and you could share
      things with my kids who love these battle re enactments.

      what color should we choose??
      Tracy Forsyth

    • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4 12:45 PM
        What if you are walking around or have no tent? I would really like
        to put some faces to email addresses.
        Tracy

        --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peg Mathews" <ciefranche21e@m...> wrote:
        > At one point we were going to ID ourselves by having a blue ribbon
        tied to the top loop of our tents. Seems the least silly or visual
        anachronism to me. Just one grumbler's opinion.

        > Michael

        fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • colsjtjones2000@yahoo.ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4 4:05 PM
          Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
          had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
          York.

          As you know I was enthusiastic about the idea of a church parade.
          But I guess I am getting old. After the Saturday morning extended
          battalion parade, the afternoon battle, the evening battle and some
          victory celebration that night, I was wiped Sunday. I was afraid I
          would fall asleep and snore during the sermon, which would not have
          been a good example for the kiddies.

          A very grizzled veteran, Doug

        • JGIL1812@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4 4:43 PM
            colsjtjones2000@... writes:

            << Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
            had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
            York.

            Doug,

            Meeting Ray and Kevin would make anyone one of us a grizzly veteran even at
            the best of times....

            JG/RE
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5 6:53 AM
              From: colsjtjones2000@...

              ....I was ......... introduced Ray Hobbs and
              Kevin Windsor ........

              ......I was enthusiastic about the .......church parade.
              ... I would fall asleep and snore during the sermon...

              ----------------------

              Doug et al,

              I think it should be the duty of all subscribers to introduce
              others to those they know are on the list.

              As Tracy states, putting faces to email addresses is neat.

              Wearing a small blue ribbon (1/2" long) on one's collar may
              also help, especially for those who have no tent, as a ribbon
              on a tent says nothing if the occupant is not there.

              As for you falling asleep in church Doug, trust me, the oration
              Ray Hobbs gave kept everybody awake, interested and entertained.
              He is a great wealth of knowledge due to his research and is a very
              informative and listenable speaker. The tea and coffee after the service
              was well worth the walk a couple of blocks from the site.