Re: [WarOf1812] E Group

  • Peg Mathews
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
      At one point we were going to ID ourselves by having a blue ribbon tied to the top loop of our tents. Seems the least silly or visual anachronism to me. Just one grumbler's opinion.

      Michael

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
        Yes Larry and others who were at Stoney Creek we were there on
        Saturday.We talked to Raymond Hobbs and Andrew Bateman and Kevin
        Windsor We saw Larry do his fantastic M.C of both battles as well as
        the taking of Gage house Play

        Richard Feltoe did a fantastic job of moving the stupid family
        sitting comfortably on the other side of the yellow tape on Saturday
        Night,It was a great day and aside of the few sprinkles during
        afternoon battle the weather co operated for Saturday.

        How was the weather on Sunday?

        I think a ribbon on the collar/buttonhole etc would be great to
        identify War of 1812 yahoo members as I/ we are sort of shy and don't
        want to "bother " people but if people had ribbons then we would be
        able to introduce ourselves and meet face to face and you could share
        things with my kids who love these battle re enactments.

        what color should we choose??
        Tracy Forsyth

      • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
          What if you are walking around or have no tent? I would really like
          to put some faces to email addresses.
          Tracy

          --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peg Mathews" <ciefranche21e@m...> wrote:
          > At one point we were going to ID ourselves by having a blue ribbon
          tied to the top loop of our tents. Seems the least silly or visual
          anachronism to me. Just one grumbler's opinion.

          > Michael

          fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • colsjtjones2000@yahoo.ca
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
            Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
            had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
            York.

            As you know I was enthusiastic about the idea of a church parade.
            But I guess I am getting old. After the Saturday morning extended
            battalion parade, the afternoon battle, the evening battle and some
            victory celebration that night, I was wiped Sunday. I was afraid I
            would fall asleep and snore during the sermon, which would not have
            been a good example for the kiddies.

            A very grizzled veteran, Doug

          • JGIL1812@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
              colsjtjones2000@... writes:

              << Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
              had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
              York.

              Doug,

              Meeting Ray and Kevin would make anyone one of us a grizzly veteran even at
              the best of times....

              JG/RE
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
                From: colsjtjones2000@...

                ....I was ......... introduced Ray Hobbs and
                Kevin Windsor ........

                ......I was enthusiastic about the .......church parade.
                ... I would fall asleep and snore during the sermon...

                ----------------------

                Doug et al,

                I think it should be the duty of all subscribers to introduce
                others to those they know are on the list.

                As Tracy states, putting faces to email addresses is neat.

                Wearing a small blue ribbon (1/2" long) on one's collar may
                also help, especially for those who have no tent, as a ribbon
                on a tent says nothing if the occupant is not there.

                As for you falling asleep in church Doug, trust me, the oration
                Ray Hobbs gave kept everybody awake, interested and entertained.
                He is a great wealth of knowledge due to his research and is a very
                informative and listenable speaker. The tea and coffee after the service
                was well worth the walk a couple of blocks from the site.