Stoney Creek

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 4, 2001
      I wish to express my deepest thanks to all who participated in the
      Stoney Creek Church Parade on Sunday, June 3rd. Twenty five, including
      civilians, marched to the church under the leadership of Colour Sergeant
      Stutt of the 8th (King's) Regiment. The parade was accompanied by the
      fifes and drums of the Canadian Regiment of Fencible Infantry. Three
      officers attended - from the 1st (Royal Scots), the 8th (King's)
      Regiment and the XIXth Light Dragoons. Including these mentioned, eight
      regiments were represented - the 1st, 8th, 41st, 89th, 10th RVB, RNR,
      XIXth LD, Cdn. Fencibles.

      The young people and the congregation were overawed and very impressed.
      Three people identified themselves to me during the coffee hour as
      having ancestors who lived at Stoney Creek during the eventful days of
      June 1813, and another who was the descendant of Major George Neale,
      British Cavalry Officer and Methodist preacher, who founded the Church
      at Queenston and St. David's. This vivid touch with the past was a
      special gift.

      Again, my thanks to all.

      Ray Hobbs
      1/41st Regiment of Foot
    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams