E Group

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
      From: tracyforsyth@...

      Looking forward to seeing some of you this
      weekend at Stoney Creek...

      SOOOOOooooooooo Tracey, were you there?

      Some of us had the pleasure of meeting eye to eye those
      faceless email addresses on this list.

      Ray Hobbs and Doug Jones have finally met, not on the church
      parade, where were you Doug? ...but under a canvas fly during
      the torrential down pour!

      The Royal Marines from Maryland also made their
      presence known and met a lot of the subscribers of this list

      Kevin Windsor did not receive his IRON DUKE ALE as he
      also did not go to church .......his reason was he did not
      attend confession Sat nite, he said it would have taken to long!

      My hats off to all who attended and fought so bravely between
      the rain drops!

      - methinks maybe a little ribbon on the collar of the coat to identify
      the 1812 list subscribers, or a secret hand shake, or a pass word,
      or a .......
      .........any thots?

    • Peg Mathews
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
        At one point we were going to ID ourselves by having a blue ribbon tied to the top loop of our tents. Seems the least silly or visual anachronism to me. Just one grumbler's opinion.

        Michael

      • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
          Yes Larry and others who were at Stoney Creek we were there on
          Saturday.We talked to Raymond Hobbs and Andrew Bateman and Kevin
          Windsor We saw Larry do his fantastic M.C of both battles as well as
          the taking of Gage house Play

          Richard Feltoe did a fantastic job of moving the stupid family
          sitting comfortably on the other side of the yellow tape on Saturday
          Night,It was a great day and aside of the few sprinkles during
          afternoon battle the weather co operated for Saturday.

          How was the weather on Sunday?

          I think a ribbon on the collar/buttonhole etc would be great to
          identify War of 1812 yahoo members as I/ we are sort of shy and don't
          want to "bother " people but if people had ribbons then we would be
          able to introduce ourselves and meet face to face and you could share
          things with my kids who love these battle re enactments.

          what color should we choose??
          Tracy Forsyth

        • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
            What if you are walking around or have no tent? I would really like
            to put some faces to email addresses.
            Tracy

            --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peg Mathews" <ciefranche21e@m...> wrote:
            > At one point we were going to ID ourselves by having a blue ribbon
            tied to the top loop of our tents. Seems the least silly or visual
            anachronism to me. Just one grumbler's opinion.

            > Michael

            fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • colsjtjones2000@yahoo.ca
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
              Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
              had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
              York.

              As you know I was enthusiastic about the idea of a church parade.
              But I guess I am getting old. After the Saturday morning extended
              battalion parade, the afternoon battle, the evening battle and some
              victory celebration that night, I was wiped Sunday. I was afraid I
              would fall asleep and snore during the sermon, which would not have
              been a good example for the kiddies.

              A very grizzled veteran, Doug

            • JGIL1812@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
                colsjtjones2000@... writes:

                << Larry - I was very pleased that you introduced Ray Hobbs and I. I
                had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Windsor a couple of weeks ago at Ft
                York.

                Doug,

                Meeting Ray and Kevin would make anyone one of us a grizzly veteran even at
                the best of times....

                JG/RE
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
                  From: colsjtjones2000@...

                  ....I was ......... introduced Ray Hobbs and
                  Kevin Windsor ........

                  ......I was enthusiastic about the .......church parade.
                  ... I would fall asleep and snore during the sermon...

                  ----------------------

                  Doug et al,

                  I think it should be the duty of all subscribers to introduce
                  others to those they know are on the list.

                  As Tracy states, putting faces to email addresses is neat.

                  Wearing a small blue ribbon (1/2" long) on one's collar may
                  also help, especially for those who have no tent, as a ribbon
                  on a tent says nothing if the occupant is not there.

                  As for you falling asleep in church Doug, trust me, the oration
                  Ray Hobbs gave kept everybody awake, interested and entertained.
                  He is a great wealth of knowledge due to his research and is a very
                  informative and listenable speaker. The tea and coffee after the service
                  was well worth the walk a couple of blocks from the site.