Re: [WarOf1812] Sashes pt two

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2001
      Andrew Bateman wrote:

      > BTW, Sergeant Majors in the Army Cadets still wear red sashes over the
      > shoulder but during my time in the service I never saw any real soldiers
      > wearing them unless some of them still wear them with their regiment's
      > ceremonial uniform.
      >
      > Andrew Bateman, 1/41st

      CF Infantry Regiments (with a few exceptions) and Army Cadet units
      affiliated with those units have their Sr NCMs (Sgt & up) wear sashes
      with several orders of dress (but not combats OBVIOUSLY)

      J-P Johnson
      Royal Nfld Reg't
      J-P's Homepage: http://members.home.net/jpjohnsn/

      Battle of Georgian Bay Website: http://www.battleofgeorgianbay.huronia.com/