Sashes pt two

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
      Argggg hit the send button too early

      If anyone has any comments on the article in the previous e-mail pls
      pass'em along. The author of the article has a column in The Maple Leaf
      about customs and traditions of the Canadian Forces and has made more
      than one GLARING error. This article has things that don't jibe with
      what I've heard around the hobby - like silk was chosen for sashes for
      their strength rather than that silk strands are easier to remove from
      wounds than cotton or wool.

      J-P Johnson
      Royal Nfld Reg't
    • Andrew Bateman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
          --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Andrew Bateman" <abateman@f...> wrote:
> [...]

          Actually the modern Canadian Infantry senior NCO and Warrant officer
          does wear his sash for regimental parades, when the dress is S1 or as
          the order of the day dictates from the RSM.

          Kevin Lightfoot
          RSM 1 BNAR / Capt 56 FD RCA