Tea exhibition

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      June 22 - Sept. 16, 2001
      Niagara Historical Museum, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
      43 Castlereagh Street.

      'Traditions in Elegance: Travelling Exhibition of 100 Teapots from the
      Norwich Castle Museum, UK'

      This is an exhibition of the traditions of tea and tea-drinking from the
      middle of the 18th into the 19th Century. It is sponsored, in part, by
      Twinings, and one of the speakers will be Samuel G. Twining. I do not
      have an e-mail address for this exhibition. The phone number of the
      Museum is 905 468 3912.

      This will be of interest to re-enactors - especially those who portray
      officers. I recall that there was an officer in the 41st who ran up an
      enormous tea-bill in the mess, and was disciplined by his fellows for
      it.

      Ray Hobbs
      1/41st

      Hope to see many of you at a soggy Stoney Creek!!!