Reminder - Fort Edgecomb (Maine)

  • WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2001

      Fort Edgecomb (Maine)

      Date: Saturday, June 9, 2001
      Time: All Day

      This years event is to be
      held on June 9th and 10th. This event which over the years has
      turned into a naval marine event, has been attended by several
      reenacting units, most of them returning every year to
      participate.

      Fort Edgecomb never saw any "action" during the war, so we don't
      reenact an actual "event" at the site. What we do is, decide on
      a naval marine scenario (which is always dependent on the
      weather and tide conditions) between British Naval Units and
      American Naval and Militia units. We always consider safety and
      fun
      first, when planning this event, with the usual scenario being
      that the British take the Fort on Saturday and the Americans
      take it back on Sunday.
    • WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2001

        Fort Edgecomb (Maine)