safety regs. at events

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1998
      . The NA and ENF are doing this not to be any
      >kind of toffee-nosed-elitist-fest, but rather it is an attempt to create a
      >standard of safety and quality for the event. If anyone still has some sort
      of
      >prob with that, then take a look at the requirements for attending such as
      >Mississinewa 1812!
      >
      >Dear List,

      before we can even get to Waterloo, we of the Meningreen would like to
      attend some 1812 events. What safety regulations are in effect at most 1812
      events? Are they the same as at RevWar (BAR/BB) events? And- are they
      strictly enforced? My AWI unit, the 40th Foot, doesn't go to some large
      events due to concerns about safety issues at these venues.

      YMH&OS
      Roger Fuller
      3/95th Foot
    • Stein
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 1998
        Dear Roger,

        The safety rules are easy. Skirmish all you want out there in the
        front but when I yell," 42nd - Present! " you fall flat on the ground and
        hold on until the whistling noises stop going past and the bits of grass
        stop falling.

        Lt Stein 42RHRA

        PS: When you want to retire remember to shout " We're British, you fools! "
        in case anyone's attention has wandered...

        PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!

        WE HAVE CHANGED OUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!!
        Please send all correspondence to:

        stein@...