Newbie...kind of

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 6:30 AM
      Hi list,

      This is kind of an introduction, kind of an inquiry. My name is Todd
      Post and I just joined this list to really start to educate myself
      about 1812 living history.

      I have been involved in living history for over 13 years now. My
      primary focus has always been the American Revolution, and I am the
      founder of the 2d Virginia Regiment (www.secondvirginia.org), a
      campaigner Continental regiment based in Virginia. I also have
      recently gotten involved with American Civil War living history in a
      hard core unit to do a Federal impression in that war.

      For some time, I've been toying with getting involved with 1812
      living history, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. This is where
      the question part of my note kicks in. Are there any hard core War
      of 1812 U.S. units? Some have told me the 7th U.S. (Cottonbalers),
      but as much as I love New Orleans, it's a little far from northern
      Virginia!

      Todd Post, tpost@...