1st Regiment of Rifles, U.S. Army - 1809-1814

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      Hi! My interest in this group is that my 5th great-grandfather, John
      Alexander Pierce, was a rifleman under Captain Benjamin Forsyth
      during the War of 1812. He joined in Surry Co., NC on February 18,
      1809, at Moravian Town and he was discharged on January 06, 1814. He
      was wounded in action at Elisabethtown (now Brockville), Ontario,
      Canada on the morning of February 07, 1813. That wound cost him his
      right leg. He later moved to Indiana. He died somewhat mysteriously
      in Charles Town, Virginia (now West Virginia) on February 12, 1842.
      Jonathan