Unidentifiable Text!!

  • jockjeff00@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001
      I recently purchased a key box that has what looks like a replica of
      on old letter collaged in the background on the inside. There are
      only parts of it that I can make out but someone told me that it's a
      letter or address from the War of 1812. Like I said, all I can read
      are bits and pieces but I will give you what I can make out. If
      anyone can help me with identifying the letter I would be grateful!!

      Thanks in advance,
      Jeff

      What I think the passages say:

      People of the United States....people of the British Isles....you are
      now on your way to stand beside the army/armies.....now fighting the
      Old World.....I wish that I could be there to hold the hand of each
      one of you.....I bid you God speed.....

      Those are the only parts that I can make out. Your help is
      appreciated!