Re: [WarOf1812] Children's Clothing Exchange

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 24, 2001
      I think this is a great idea. It has been happening on an unofficial scale 'cuz when we had Josh I had people giving me stuff their kids have out grown.
      Count me in and any parents out there let me know what you have and what geographic area you are in so I can hook you up with people wanting to trade.
      If more are interested I will take this on.

      Larry Lozon wrote:

      > Thought I would share this idea with
      > the 1812'er parents out there.
      >
      > The Children's Clothing Exchange of the Brigade of the American Revolution is a great way for you to keep your closets empty of outgrown clothing and (hopefully) full of the next size up!
    • Louise Simcoe
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 24, 2001
        I would be very interested in
        getting together and trading
        clothes, the big problem we
        have is we don't really have a
        lot of clothes for our son to
        trade but would be willing to
        buy some used clothes, If any
        one comes up with a date
        please let us know we would
        like to do it. If you have
        some used clothes to sell for
        a 7yr old boy you could
        contact me direct.Thank you it
        is a great idea.

        Kevin Windsor wrote:

        > I think this is a great
        > idea. It has been happening
        > on an unofficial scale 'cuz
        > when we had Josh I had
        > people giving me stuff their
        > kids have out grown.
        > Count me in and any parents
        > out there let me know what
        > you have and what geographic
        > area you are in so I can
        > hook you up with people
        > wanting to trade.
        > If more are interested I
        > will take this on.
        >
        > Larry Lozon wrote:
        >
        > > Thought I would share this
        > idea with
        > > the 1812'er parents out
        > there.
        > >
        > > The Children's Clothing
        > Exchange of the Brigade of
        > the American Revolution is a
        > great way for you to keep
        > your closets empty of
        > outgrown clothing and
        > (hopefully) full of the next
        > size up!
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > [Click for Details]
        > Click for Details
        >

        > The War of 1812: In Europe,
        > thousands fought over the
        > fate of hundreds of square
        > miles: in North America,
        > hundreds determined the fate
        > of THOUSANDS of square
        > miles...
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
        > subject to the Yahoo! Terms
        > of Service.
      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 24, 2001
          I don't have anything to trade or sell yet so lets work on getting like minded people together.
          email me off list with where you are and what clothes you have for a 7 yr old that you would be willing to part with to trade up to the next size.

        • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 24, 2001
            Hi there

            it seems there is an interest in children's period clothing I would
            like to look into this also as my kids like to dress in peroid
            costume to watch the re enactments. I have nothing to trade but maybe
            interested in buying items.Perhaps this maybe a venture for someone
            to make childrens clothes and have these availble plus traders at the
            re enactments. I would love to make my own but have trouble sewing
            Girl guide / scout badges on the sashes.
            TracyForsyth spectator

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25, 2001
              From: Kevin Windsor

              "...I think this is a great idea. .......I will take this on..."

              From: Louise Simcoe

              "...I would be very interested ......the big problem we
              ...don't really have alot of clothes .....to trade ..."

              From: tracyforsyth@...

              "...there is an interest in children's period clothing I would
              like to look into this ......"

              ________________

              Further investigation has revealed that at every
              event there is a blanket or other means of display with
              all the clothes to be traded, sold, etc. All donors label
              them with size, material, price, if avail for trade, etc.
              Kevin (in this instant) would head a committee that
              keeps track of all this and contacts every one as
              to whether their items were sold or traded.

              The committee would make sure if someone
              could not make an event that the clothes would
              end up there and another would man the booth,
              blanket or what ever.

              The BAR will post in their newsletter reports of
              their committee. We in 1812 do not have an
              umbrella group, so the committee could use
              this 1812 list to post reports to the activities of
              this committee and who would be in charge of
              it at what event. And then you could advise those
              who are not on this list.......

              It would not matter if you had one item or
              a hundred, with every one contributing there
              would soon be a good selection.

              Kevin your ball........ *

              _______________________

              committee, conated

            • mike dollinger
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 25, 2001
                >From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
                >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: [WarOf1812] Children's Clothing Exchange
                >Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:19:02 -0400
                >
                >My kids have been with me at events since day one or at least at a few
                >months of age. they grow so fast that I am always making them new clothing,
                >most of which I sell at garage sale prices for those those with needy kids.
                >the NWTA has started a kid clothing exchange which will surely get some of
                >my kids stuff.I'll gladely send the federal period clothing to an 1812
                >exchange.
                Mike

                >_______________________

              • Penelope's Pots
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 26, 2001
                  This sounds like a fantaastic idea! I have two little ones who are
                  grown out of their stuff and don't always come with me to re-
                  enactments. Therefore I have a surplus of stuff and am more then
                  willing to trade for clothes for my daughter or sell off the
                  baby/toddler things.

                  A committee who can tend a traders blanket seems the best idea as
                  well as contacting each other through this list.

                  My 2 cents.

                  Penni Stoddart of Penelope's Pots
                  London, Ont.
                  penelopepots@...
                • Kevin Windsor
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 27, 2001
                    Sounds good to me. anyone out there interested in helping?

                    Larry Lozon wrote:

                    > Kevin your ball........ *
                  • Kevin Windsor
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 27, 2001
                      Good. I will be at Longwoods so let me know what you have and let me know if you want to help.
                      If you're not going to be at Longwoods then SHAME ON YOU!!!
                      how's that for a shameless plug Glen!