Re: ANZACS

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 1999
      Just returned from England (only 4 days unfortunately) however I was in
      Chester for Anzac day. Parade at the HQ of the 22nd (Cheshire) Regt, scouts
      and bands parading through the streets. Yes, in the UK too it has become
      another 'Armistice Day" and well deserved too.
      Why we voted to go into Europe instead of strengthening the trading
      relationship with the Commonwealth I will never know. All I can say is *I*
      never voted for it!
      Makes you proud to be part of the Empire, even if twits have destroyed most
      of it.