Re: Recruiting for the regiment

  • jeverett@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3 6:05 PM
      > You could also run a regency style ball or dance lessons to drum up
      business and have some fun as well. (Capt. Everett are you up for a
      trip to NSW to teach dance lessons?)

      As much as I'd be intrigued to see a different part of the globe and
      visit the folks "down under", that's a fair distance to go, either by
      way of the Cape or the Horn. Nor is the shipping season started, and
      you know what the road to Montreal is like in the spring.

      Besides which, I don't think I would be granted Leave of Absence for
      such a purpose.

      I remain, etc.
      Jason Everett
      Capt., Incorp. Militia
    • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5 7:51 PM
        Hi Maxine

        I will keep an eye open for this series and please keep me posted
        of any details.I have been looking at Chapters for "Circle of
        Silver"and can't seem to locate it .Do you know where I could get a
        copy? Do you know anything about the Silver Birch Awards given to
        Canadian Authors and how do books get choosen? Please write me off
        list if you want because this is way off topic.

        Tracy

        --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Maxine Trottier" <maxitrot@e...> wrote:
        > On the topic of books for young people, Scholastic is in the
        process of
        > creating the Canadian version of their very successful Dear America
        series.
        > This will be the Dear Canada series. I know that a book about
        Loyalists and
        > one on the War of 1812 are on the way.
        >
        > They are done in diary format. I know some of the writers who are
        working on
        > these projects as well as some of the historians and experts who
        will be
        > proofing them. They will be carefully done and very readable.
        >
        > I am writing the 7th book, one dealing with Les Files du Roi (which,
        > forgive, has nothing to do with this list other than that it is
        Canadian