Re: [WarOf1812] Umbrella Groups

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2001
      You are very right Dave! There is already with the Britsh Forces in Canada a "quasi" umbrella group on the field. At stoney creek a couple years ago when Steve stopped the battle everyone listened. If the people on the list now are balking at organised battalion staff why did they stop? Most had no idea what was happening. They could have said, "He's not my boss" but they listened. Is anyone also going to question RSM Lightfoot when he says "March!" There is control and I think it's time everyone woke up to that fact and join in. Or is that submit peacfully? DOH!!

      ebclemson@... wrote:

      > Many of you will not like to hear this, but there already are umbrella groups to some degree. There already are individual units that work together on the field and in camp. There may not be "formal' rules, meetings, Presidents and Secretaries but the goal is the same.
    • Dave & Monica Bosse
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2001
        Some one agree with me? Far out!

        Dave Bosse
        US 25th Reg.

      • Cpl. Wattie
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2001
          > Is anyone also going to question RSM Lightfoot when he
          says "March!"
          I tried that once ... I'll show you the scars at Longwoods :)

          As for your other message: right on! Any umbrella group the tries to
          enforce "authenticity" is just not going to get off the ground, like
          it or not.
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 2, 2001
            I like the idea of an umbrella group. Everytime I've
            been to Mississinewa it rained & we all got wet. We
            could've used an umbrella.
            And what about hot tea groups too?

          • Chewie
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 2, 2001
              even I am up for going to Canada , if there is a hot tea group .

              Chewie
              unit commander
              Dirty Half Hundred
              " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"
              I like the idea of an umbrella group. Everytime I've
              been to Mississinewa it rained & we all got wet. We
              could've used an umbrella.
              And what about hot tea groups too?

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • HQ93rd@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 2, 2001
                In a message dated 4/2/01 1:39:29 PM, musketballs@... writes:

                << And what about hot tea groups too? >>

                And a buttered scone group!

                93rd SHRoFLHU
                THE Thin Red Line
                www.93rdhighlanders.com