Re: [WarOf1812] umbrella groups

  • Dave & Monica Bosse
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2001
      I am sorry that someone asked you to put on a Roundabout and take the Block house. I am glad to say I was not there for that and I would have walked if that happed. Sitting in camp going "yesh" would have been more fun. I still believe the Orginizers should make the desions and, we should back them. The Civillians could also send in photos to see if they pass muster.

      Dave Bosse
      25th US

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2001
        Dave, I think you're missing Sally's point here. What she is saying is that you can send a picture in great, but some self proclaimed expert who can't tell a shift from a sh**ter is going to say "Not they would never have worn that. They always wear this..." (how many times have we heard that!) and not let her in. Even though she has possible done 25 years of research
        on this has a Ph.D in historic costuming, some yahoo who thinks they are be all and end all still says no.

        I don't think this group should deal with authenticity just safety!