402 where?

  • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2001
      Longwoods is the first battle held of the season but geographically
      where the H*ll is it?
      Tracy the spectator of the list :)
    • Raymond Hobbs
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2001
        Tracy:
        If you are travelling from the east - I assume you are - take the #401 past London, and then go north on the #402 towards Sarnia. About 15 kilometers north-west on the
        402 you will see 'Longwoods Road' - a continuation of Hwy#2. Take it to the west, and the Conservation Area where the re-enactment is held is about 3 kms along this
        road, on the right hand side. Watch for the notice of the park and re-enactment at the entrance. The park is quite a distance from the original battlefield, but that
        site worth a visit - not a spectacular place, but just to say you've been there...
        See you at Longwoods,
        Ray Hobbs
        1/41st

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2001
          Thank you all for answering where Longwoods is.We will try our best
          to make it there.
          Tracy Forsyth

          #401 past London, and then go north on the #402 towards Sarnia.
          About 15 kilometers north-west on the
          > 402 you will see 'Longwoods Road' - a continuation of Hwy#2. Take
          it to the west, and the Conservation Area where the re-enactment is
          held is about 3 kms along this
          > road, on the right hand side. Watch for the notice of the park and
          re-enactment at the entrance. The park is quite a distance from the
          original battlefield, but that
          > site worth a visit - not a spectacular place, but just to say
          you've been there...
          > See you at Longwoods,
          > Ray Hobbs
          > 1/41st

        • Rob Taylor
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2001
            Just passing this along to the list, I got an e:mail
            about a mustket for sale ...

            Rob
            If you know of anyone searching for a musket for
            re-enacting, I have a new
            Pedersoli Brown Bess still in the box and never fired.
            My price is $1000
            firm.
            Thanks.

            Tom Empey
            282 Haig Rd.
            Belleville, Ont. K8N 4R2
            613-969-1816
            email: uel@...

            a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • terry1813
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 21, 2002
              Greetings all,
              I have a repro musket for sale. It's a 1777 Charleville musket. This
              is the model that has all the brass fittings and brass pan. It's
              hardly been used and is in excellent shape. For those interested
              please contact me off list at:

              tlubka@...

              I can send photos and will bring it to Ft. George.

              Terry
            • Armchairadm@cs.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2002
                Terry;
                My brother-in-law may very well be interested. What's the price?

                Ed

              • terry1813
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2002
                  --- In WarOf1812@y..., Armchairadm@c... wrote:
                  > Terry;
                  > My brother-in-law may very well be interested. What's the
                  price?

                  > Ed

                  $750.00 Cdn or in US dollars $9.99 !!!! ;-)
                • Armchairadm@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 25, 2002
                    Terry;
                    There is very good chance that either my brother-in-law, Danny or
                    Steve Ivarone will want that musket. I'll let you ASAP. You might even be
                    able to get rid of it Ft. George or Ft. Erie.
                    By the way, the Belgian Neiuprots look very nice. I'm currently kit
                    bashing a couple of Neiuport 17's in to Neiuport 27's.

                    Ed

                  • Terry Lubka
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 4, 2003
                      Greetings all,
                      I'm selling a 1777 Charlesville musket. Price $700.00 Cdn. I'll have it
                      available to see at the reenactment at Ft. Erie next week.

                      Terry Lubka
                      25th US
                    • John Ogden
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
                        All,

                        I am selling my Loyalist Arms French pattern 1768 musket (
                        http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1768french.htm ).

                        I am including:

                        1. musket (see maker's website, specific photos available to interested
                        parties on request);
                        2. factory bayonet with scabbard;
                        3. flashguard with two points of contact (factory model only had one
                        contact point);
                        4. leather hammerstall (also after-market);
                        5. black leather sling (uses two loops, one of which slides and is held
                        on by friction).

                        New the musket and bayonet cost in the neighborhood of $620 US plus
                        shipping. I will ship the lot inside the continental US for $580.

                        Thank you.
                        --
                        John J. Ogden