Re: Longwoods Weekend May 5-6, 2001

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2001
      FYI

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Glenn Stott
      To: larry lozon
      Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:50 PM
      Subject: Longwoods Weekend May 5-6, 2001

      Thank you for your interest in the Battle of the Longwoods Weekend which will be held again ( our 12th) at Longwoods Road Conservation area, on Longwoods Road, west of Delaware and east of Melbourne. Easy to find, exit off of 402 at Longwoods Road exit and follow signs to Longwoods Road Conservation Area.

      There will be some changes this year and we hope they will make it more interesting to the reenactors and the public. One major change will be the location of the British camp. Another will be regular scheduled camp tours for the public which we hope all reenactors will assist us with an interpretive program. If you have something special you will share please let us know.
      Another change is something we hope will "inspire' . It's called a time bridge which will be a designated area were reenactors will be expected to do first person, or time appropriate conduct (within reason). We shall tell you more as the time approaches.
      The following is the Tentative Schedule:

      Friday, May 4, 2001
      The park will be open to reenactors officially at 4:30 p.m. We ask that you register and check where you will be camping. (Remember there are some changes.) We offer again this year... Longwoods Bucks Draw for all registered reenactors. There will be two draws, one for each day.
      From 10:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. we will be conducting an education day program for about 700 students from area schools. We would appreciate if you would avoid arriving during this time.
      Registration will be available from 4:30 p.m.- as long as we are awake.

      Saturday, May 5, 2001

      0900 -10:00- Ambush (no public)
      11:00- Gates open to the public- Period appropriate equipment etc. only in the camp areas.
      11:15-12:00- First public camp tour- featuring Longwoods Legends and other reenactor presentations. British and US Batt. Drill
      11:30-14:30- Time Bridge- Located between British Camp and Delaware Village
      12:30-13:00- Native and British War Council (10th Royal Veterans)- It begins at the british camp and ends at the Iroquoian village.
      15:00 -15:30- Mini Militia ( Baseball Diamond)
      16:00- Tactical- featuring the Ambush of Westbrook's Raiding party on Aug.31, 1814.
      17:00- Gates close to the public.

      Sunday, May 6, 2001

      09:00-10:00- Ambush (no public)
      11:00 Gates open to the public
      11:15 British and US Battalion Drill - First Public tour- First person and period appropriate equipment in camp areas.
      11:30-13:30- Time Bridge
      12:30- Native and British War Council (10th Royal Veterans) begins at British Camp and ends at Iroquoian Village.
      14:30- Tactical- Battle of the Longwoods- March 4, 1814
      15:30- Mini Militia- (Baseball Diamond)
      17:00- Gates Close

      Please note: Different times for the Battle on Staurday and Sunday.
      We ask anyone interested in the Time Bridge concept (first person), to please contact myself or Tom Ross.
      There will be some changes in the location of some of the camps so please enquire at the registration area which will be clearly marked.
      If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at my e mail or phone 519 828 3843.

      See you May 4th!!!

      Glenn Stott Royal Scots

    • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2001
        Where is this and how do we get there??
        Tracy Forsyth and family

        > Thank you for your interest in the Battle of the Longwoods Weekend
        which will be held again ( our 12th) at Longwoods Road Conservation
        area, on Longwoods Road, west of Delaware and east of Melbourne.
        Easy to find, exit off of 402 at Longwoods Road exit and follow signs
        to Longwoods Road Conservation Area.

      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 2001
          your talking Londonish Tracy. *That's Ontario for you guys in the IX Reg't!!! ;-)

          tracyforsyth@... wrote:

          > Where is this and how do we get there??
          > Tracy Forsyth and family
          >
          > > Thank you for your interest in the Battle of the Longwoods Weekend
          > which will be held again ( our 12th) at Longwoods Road Conservation
          > area, on Longwoods Road, west of Delaware and east of Melbourne.
          > Easy to find, exit off of 402 at Longwoods Road exit and follow signs
          > to Longwoods Road Conservation Area.

        • IX Regiment
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29, 2001
            Que? where's Ontario :-)

            P**

            --
            IX Regiment
          • Chewie
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 30, 2001
              Peter
              Head to the North of Scotland , then turn left !!!!!!!

              Chewie
              unit commander
              Dirty Half Hundred
              " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

              --
              IX Regiment

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • IX Regiment
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 30, 2001
                Nah, that's North Britain, been there!

                Think it is the little islands off Cornwall isn't it?

                P**

                --
                IX Regiment