Re: Napoleonic Wars Data Book

  • Tod Creasey/OTT/OTI
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      >The Greenhill Napoleonic Wars Data Book. by Digby Smith. 582 pp. Import.
      >$39.95.

      BTW that is a steal for that book - it is 40 quid in the UK ad well worth
      the money. The 30 pounds I spent on mine was well worth it - especially if
      you are a wargamer.

      Tod
    • spikeyj@crosslink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Tod Creasey/OTT/OTI wrote:

        > >The Greenhill Napoleonic Wars Data Book. by Digby Smith. 582 pp. Import.
        > >$39.95.
        >
        > BTW that is a steal for that book - it is 40 quid in the UK ad well worth
        > the money. The 30 pounds I spent on mine was well worth it - especially if
        > you are a wargamer.

        Cost 30 pounds? The darn thing *weighs* 30 pounds!

        Spike Y Jones, who gave a copy to Pappa Jones for his birthday, if
        anyone in the Pickering, Ontario region wants to go over there and
        have a look at it
      • chimera1@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
          --- In WarOf1812@y..., spikeyj@c... wrote:
          > On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Tod Creasey/OTT/OTI wrote:
          >
          > > >The Greenhill Napoleonic Wars Data Book. by Digby Smith. 582
          pp. Import.
          > > >$39.95.
          > >
          > > BTW that is a steal for that book - it is 40 quid in the UK ad
          well worth
          > > the money. The 30 pounds I spent on mine was well worth it -
          especially if
          > > you are a wargamer.
          >
          > Cost 30 pounds? The darn thing *weighs* 30 pounds!
          >
          > Spike Y Jones, who gave a copy to Pappa Jones for his birthday, if
          > anyone in the Pickering, Ontario region wants to go over there and
          > have a look at it

          Yes, I appreciated my present - the book is invaluable as a
          source. Not exactly a good read, but good browsing, and the data is
          inexhaustible and invaluable.

          Can anyone advise if Greenhill has similar publications, particularly
          relating to naval war of that period? (The above book does include
          Trafalgar - Copenhagen is dealt with from a military, rather than a
          naval perspective.)

          Doug - Pappa
        • Armchairadm@cs.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
            Try the Naval Institute Press, Annapolis Maryland.
            If they don't have what you are looking for, no one does.