Re: [WarOf1812] Discount books

  • spikeyj@crosslink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2001
      On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 mmathews@... wrote:

      > I've been getting the Edward Hamilton book seller catalogs for some time
      > now, and in case you aren't familiar with them it's a pretty good deal.
      > They are very cooperative about returns if you find it just isn't what you
      > wanted or were expecting, and the discounts range from 30%-90%. They are
      > on the web at: EdwardRHamilton.com.

      Con: Edward R Hamilton doesn't accept credit card orders, and while
      you can book shop on the web, you can't order there; you have to print
      out an order form, and snail mail it with a cheque to the real-world
      address.

      Pro: Unlike a lot of places that charge a per-book shipping cost,
      Hamilton's is a flat $3 no matter how many books are in your order (so
      it can pay to save up orders until you have multiple books to buy,
      although then you run the risk of their stocks drying up).

      After order from them for years, it's my opinion that the Pro (along
      with all the other good things they've got goin) outweighs the Con.

      Spike Y Jones
    • Raymond Hobbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 12:25 AM
        BUT - I do not think they ship outside the US - pity.
        Ray Hobbs
        1/41st
        Canada