Discount books

  • mmathews@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 10:50 AM
      Greeting friends,

      I've been getting the Edward Hamilton book seller catalogs for some time
      now, and in case you aren't familiar with them it's a pretty good deal.
      They are very cooperative about returns if you find it just isn't what you
      wanted or were expecting, and the discounts range from 30%-90%. They are
      on the web at: EdwardRHamilton.com.

      Some new titles is the last issue that might be of interest to those
      students of the *era.*

      Riflemen: Elite Soldiers of the Wars Against Napoleon by PHillip
      Elliot-Wright. 144 pp. fully illus., mostly color. Import. $19.95

      The Line of Battle: The Sailing Warship, 1650-1840. Ed. by Robert Gardiner.
      208 pp. Illus. $19.95

      The Mammoth Book of Soldiers at War: Firsthand Accounts of Warfare from the
      Age of Napoleon. Ed. Jon E. Lewis. Despite the kiddie sounding title, it
      purports to have the "truth" behind fictional characters like Flashman and
      Sharpe. Covers the War of 1812 as well it says. 498 pp. Pub. @ $11.95,
      yours for $8.95

      A History of the Peninsular War, Vol. IX: Modern Studies of the War in
      Spain and Portugal, 1808-1814. Ed. by Paddy Griffith. 462 pp. Pub. at
      $59.95, yours for $11.95.

      The Greenhill Napoleonic Wars Data Book. by Digby Smith. 582 pp. Import.
      $39.95.

      A Soldier for Napoleon: The Campaigns of Lt. Franz Joseph Hausmann, 7th
      Bavarian Infantry. Ed. by John Gill. Taken from letters and campaign
      diaries. 272 pp., 16 pp illus. Pub. at $34.95, your for $9.95.

      And many more. Over the years I've seen a lot of valuable titles, though
      mentioning the ones above should not be construed as an endorsement, I
      haven't seen them (but it will some). Nor is my bringing this to your
      attention anything but a "FYI" as I have no connection with Hamilton other
      than as a satisfied customer.

      Enjoy!

      Michael

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 429-5945 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      ------------------------------
      "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
      - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
    • spikeyj@crosslink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28 10:41 PM
        On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 mmathews@... wrote:

        > I've been getting the Edward Hamilton book seller catalogs for some time
        > now, and in case you aren't familiar with them it's a pretty good deal.
        > They are very cooperative about returns if you find it just isn't what you
        > wanted or were expecting, and the discounts range from 30%-90%. They are
        > on the web at: EdwardRHamilton.com.

        Con: Edward R Hamilton doesn't accept credit card orders, and while
        you can book shop on the web, you can't order there; you have to print
        out an order form, and snail mail it with a cheque to the real-world
        address.

        Pro: Unlike a lot of places that charge a per-book shipping cost,
        Hamilton's is a flat $3 no matter how many books are in your order (so
        it can pay to save up orders until you have multiple books to buy,
        although then you run the risk of their stocks drying up).

        After order from them for years, it's my opinion that the Pro (along
        with all the other good things they've got goin) outweighs the Con.

        Spike Y Jones
      • Raymond Hobbs
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
          BUT - I do not think they ship outside the US - pity.
          Ray Hobbs
          1/41st
          Canada