8961Re: The under 18 yo's

  • tracyforsyth@hotmail.com
    Dec 31, 2000
      So now in 2001 how old is the minimum age you would recruit a re
      enactor?

      Recruiting some one does it *mean* they get to carry a musket in the
      next re enactment that comes after they join? Learning the
      proceedures is important.Will these new young recruits learn
      the "ropes"then be given a musket after training.

      I saw a few younger teens asking the IMUC unit questions about
      recruitment at Fort Erie during the seige.
      There does seem to be an interest perhaps it is transporation as well
      as the expense that is holding some younger recruits back.

      If the parent doesn't hold an interest in re enacting are they going
      to let junior take the family car away for the weekend?

      This is an expensive hobby however it is something that can be
      enjoyed by a teen until later on in life and then by his family also.
      I would much rather have my kid(who is too young right now)invest in
      this hobby rather then other hobby's that don't carry on the interest
      past early 20's and the money is then spent and the supplies sit idol.

      Happy new year Tracy Forsyth

      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "JESSE PUDWELL" <SGTPUDGLI@h...> wrote:
      > J-P,
      >
      > It's all very...historical. Those of us who have survived are
      stronger for
      > it, but not necessarily "better" and certainly not "bigger". 2001
      is the
      > year to re-build and take on the youth again but those of us who
      have the
      > money, unit-wise or individually, must be prepared to help them
      when they
      > come into the hobby.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic