8501Re: Charles Of New Orleans

  • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
    Dec 4, 2000
      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, CharlesPK3@c... wrote:
      > > Charles, Bienvenue à la liste. Le fait que vous combattez avec
      les
      > > Français pour les Américains à la Nouvelle-Orléans,
      seulement
      > marques
      > > vous un Quebecoi de Louisianna!
      >
      > Oui et merci monsieur Lozon. J'espere depeindere les Francais du
      Sud
      > avec honneur. (And that's the dime's worth of French that I know so
      > far.)

      Aufgepasst, Ihr Froesche- Euch hab' ich jetzt schon im Visier
      bekommen....

      (bloody Germans- who let that Rifleman with the red facings in??!!)

      Speaking of Germans... I am reminded of the British officer's tale of
      offering a particularly able German rifleman of the 5/60th in the
      Peninsula a gold guinea for every French officer shot down that day
      by said rifleman. "Mein Gott- I vill make my fortune" was the
      latter's sanguine reply... :^)

      Roger
      3/95th (Rifles)
      "Scharfschuetzen, bei Gott!"