5781Re: [WarOf1812] Port Dover

  • Fitzhugh MacCrae
    Jul 1, 2000
      --- "R. Feltoe" <feltoe@...> wrote:
      > Dear Susanne
      > Sorry dear but I can't give you an official
      > reference for the quote as
      > it ain't been published yet. Actually its simply a
      > snippet from my current
      > work on the war that's scheduled for publication
      > next year. The original
      > documentation is well detailed in Cruikshank's 9
      > volume work, " Documentary
      > History of the War of 1812 on the Niagara Frontier "
      > published back in the
      > early 1900's. Since its kind of hard to find, I got
      > myself a complete
      > microfiche copy and would be happy to try to make
      > copies for you of the
      > relevant pages if I can find a microfiche reader
      > with a photocopy
      > attachment.
      >
      > Regards Richard.

      I was under thhe impression that thre were some
      serious errors in Cruikshank, such as his fantasy
      charge of british infantry that retook the hill at
      Lundy's lane with the bayonet. . .

      FMaccrae

      =====
      Founder, Pagan Liberation Antique Twinkies Collectors Front and Marching Chorale

      "Fluff Bunnies - The OTHER White Meat"

      "Come back, Guy Faulkes - all's forgiven. We'll leave a light on in the Capitol basement for you. . . ."

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic