47499New Orleans 2015 update

  • sacbg7
    Jul 17, 2014
      Dear friends,

      Our 7th INF staff has just returned from 5 days working in New Orleans on our upcoming event., New Orleans 1815  We visited our battle site and developed camp layouts, site preparation etc. We also met with our partners, The Louisiana Living History Foundation, The National Park Service, Historic Treme Collection, Valentino Hotel Group, Napoleon House and Antoine's Restaurant.

      Our ladies went to our various social venue sites to meet with their staffs and layout their plans.  And then there was all the fun to be had in the French Quarter after we finished for the day,

      The highlight for the ladies was getting to explore and dine at Antoine's Restaurant, the site of our Grand Finale for the event.
      Since they went on sale last week tickets for the Grand Finale are moving at a brisk pace. We have tickets available in either private reserved rooms or for general admission.

      Of the nine rooms open for private parties only 4 remain.  If your unit would like to rent one of these rooms don't delay. They won't be open long.

      Can't afford a private room? Don't despair!  Just reserve a table for ten at no additional cost in the Annex Dining room.  You can still visit all the other rooms and participate in our dance to be held in the Japanese  room.

      Tickets can only be purchased by credit card and from our secure web page.  Seating is limited to 500.

      The owners have graciously given us the use of this famous restaurant.  To read more about the event and to purchase your ticket click on the Grand Finale link on our special event web page www.neworleans1815.cottonbaler.com

      You can also contact Cynda about the cost to rent one of the rooms.  Her email is secesh2@...  The ladies are working very hard to make this Grand Finale something you will long remember.

      Also, it is still not too late to register! Unit commanders have registered over 900 participants.  Of those 900, 840 have filled out their individual forms.

      We will be closing registration later this year.  The exact date to be determined.  It will be either in November or December. Don't procrastinate!  Registration can only be done online via our event webpage.

      We also still have discount hotel rooms available.  If you need information on those please contact my wife Cynda, whose address was posted above.

      You won't want to miss the entire week of events we have planned for you.  Make your vacation plans now!  This Grand Celebration/Commemoration, won't happen again for another 100 years!

      Sincerely
      Steve Abolt
      7th USI
      American Commander